Neteller is an online payment method/e-money transfer tool that simplifies online deposits, money transfers, and other online transaction features to make it easier for players to enjoy the games they love online safely. The service is distinguished for its ease of use as well as its compatibility with a variety of different payment methods. Available in countries all over the world, it is an accessible way to handle transactions on your online casino account.
Founded in 1999, Neteller has been a steady money management e-wallet choice for millions of online gamblers worldwide. It remains a popular option for casino game players everywhere, used to deposit funds, make bank transfers, and handle withdrawals for your winnings (all in multiple currencies).
In this article we look closely at the ins and outs of this payment method that allows gamblers to handle their casino accounts safely and withdraw their cash. Read on for a sweeping overview of this payment method and the top online casinos that accept Neteller.
To use Neteller for gambling, you must first find a gambling company that will accept them for transfers and deposits. Fortunately, this will be pretty easy, as Neteller casinos are a popular option for gamblers. Many online casinos recognise Neteller’s popularity and utility and have integrated it into their payment service options.
Upon registration, customers can find out if the casino they are interested in accepts Neteller as a payment method by looking at their payment selection options. Neteller will be found among the e-wallet selections.
How Neteller Works
Neteller is very straightforward and works in much the same way as any other e-wallet. Players register their information with Neteller and create a free account. They can then use the service by funding the e-wallet through another account. To that end, it is more like an actual wallet than a bank account. You take money from one place and put it here.
Once you have provided your information and payment details, you can deposit your preferred amount into an online casino. Depending on the online site, you may still be eligible for deposit bonuses and other promotions and bonuses that are frequently used to attract new players.
Neteller gambling may involve fees from the provider or the service itself. However, the service itself does not come with a subscription fee.
We found that, like any payment method, Neteller casinos come with their own pros and cons.
- Instant deposits. Speed is one of the top benefits of Neteller gambling. The service allows you to transfer your funds instantly, meaning you will be able to play at casinos accepting Neteller right away. Other e-wallet payment methods may take hours or even days to process the transfer of funds.
- Fast withdrawals. Another one of the advantages of this payment platform is that it allows the customer to withdraw jackpots and other winnings back to their bank account very quickly. Payment services with withdrawal processing delays can create financial hardship for players who need to access funds quickly. Here, getting your payouts will never be an issue.
- Security. Security is one of the primary functions of any online payment option. The idea is to encrypt your banking information, allowing you to make essentially anonymous transactions. Instead of giving a casino you do not know well your debit card information, you can use Neteller to keep the transaction secure.
- Mobile. Neteller also offers mobile services for players who want to manage their funds on the go. Users can enjoy almost all the same functionalities on the go as they can on the desktop page.
- Diverse. Because Neteller is a global product, it is able to support currencies from all over the world. Not only is this service more inclusive, but it also provides customer support for people who value playing at international casinos.
- Fees. Like most e-wallets, Neteller partly makes its money by extracting deposit fees. While loading your money onto the service is free, it costs money to wire it back to your bank account. Depending on the policies of the casino sites you use—some of them also extract a small withdrawal fee—this means that you may wind up paying twice to get your money in your bank account. The fees are small but can add up if you play a lot.
- Limited availability. While Neteller does cater to players all over the world, it does not work in every country. This may be a consequence of national regulations or simply the fact that the company has not yet managed to support that specific type of currency. While most players will be able to use Neteller by following a few simple steps, some may need to find an alternative service.
- Limited withdrawal limits. It's also worth noting that the free version of this e-wallet has a relatively low monthly withdrawal limit that may not suit the needs of high-volume players. If you intend to use Neteller often, you may need to subscribe to the premium version for a monthly fee.
- No interest payments. Granted, you are not going to get rich from the interest payments that banks make. Still, you should keep in mind that the money you place in your Neteller account isn't going to grow at all.
- Limited buyer protection services. Payment methods like PayPal and even most Visa cards make it easy to receive refunds in the event that you find yourself the victim of a fraudulent transaction. Unfortunately, buyer protection services are fairly limited with Neteller. If you wind up making a transaction that requires a refund, you should not expect too much help from Neteller to get it.
Did You Know?
In addition to being used for standard online casino games like pokies, jackpot slots, roulette, blackjack, poker, and bingo, Neteller can also be used for sports betting. If you want to wager on soccer, basketball, baseball, or any other popular sport, it should be possible to do so!
Neteller casinos and gambling applications fall into almost every category. If you are interested in making Neteller your default payment method for gambling, look around for sites that have your favourite games. Chances are, you will not have any issues finding all of your favourite ways to play.
Are Neteller Casinos Safe?
Yes! First of all, virtually any certified online casino is going to be reasonably safe. While online precaution is always the best way to keep your data safe, there are regulations that restrict how online casinos can use, store, and protect your information. These features are designed to keep you safe enough never to need to think twice about using an online casino.
However, as most people are aware, cyberspace can be treacherous, even in the best-case scenario. That is why you are looking for an electronic wallet in the first place. Neteller keeps your information safe through a variety of advanced security features, including but not limited to encryption.
As mentioned earlier, one area in which Neteller can improve is its payment protection. This is not a security feature but more of a customer guarantee, allowing you to shop freely without fear of falling victim to scammers. PayPal, for example, has very good payment protection, in which you may file a claim and receive a full refund if an authorised transaction does not go as planned. Neteller’s payment protection features are lax in comparison, but that usually will not matter for casinos because your transaction and the item you are purchasing (in this case, a wager) happen in real time.
That said, even the best tools are only as good as those using them. Be sensible with your passwords, the sites you use, and other online safety concerns, and you should have no trouble at all.
We here at Betkiwi believe there are many considerations a person can make when choosing a casino. Below, we highlight a few key points you should keep in mind as you choose.
- Deposit bonuses. Most casinos will have first-time deposit bonuses. Usually, these will work regardless of your payment method (though promotion terms may vary from casino to casino). This is a good opportunity to hit the ground running with some house money, so pay attention to what offers are out there. Be sure to read the fine print. There are usually clauses and exclusions regulating how to use your deposit bonus.
- Games. Ideally, you will find a casino with a wide range of live dealer games. Live dealer games replicate the casino experience by putting you in front of a card table being operated by a real human. Not only does this add realism to the experience, but it also makes the process feel more transparent and fair. Of course, you also want to ensure they have games you are interested in. Themed slots, sports betting, and more obscure games can be found online, but sometimes it takes some digging.
- Certification. From a regulatory standpoint, online casinos function essentially the same way as their brick-and-mortar counterparts. However, there is not much to stop a bad actor from throwing up an unfair and unregulated website on the internet. Make sure that the Neteller casino you choose is fully certified.
- Customer support. Playing online can get complicated, particularly when using an overseas site. A good customer support staff can make it much easier to enjoy a carefree playing experience.
- Withdrawal terms. Some casinos have rules about when and how often you can withdraw funds from your online account. These rules are particularly applicable when you have acquired bonuses or other player incentives. Online casinos may also apply fees to withdrawals.
During the writing of this article, we found that using Neteller at online casinos is straightforward. As you register your account, you will be asked to select a payment method. From there, you will simply sign into your Neteller account. That should be all it takes to sync the accounts.
As mentioned, most casino bonuses aren’t specific to a payment method but are activated by completing a specific action. One of the most common bonuses is given simply for creating an account.
Other player incentives may be awarded after a player buys credits or plays for a predetermined amount of time. Note that while these bonuses serve as a good opportunity to play for free, you can’t treat them like money in the bank. Most casinos have rules on how long you have to wait before you can withdraw your bonus cash. For example, you may have to place twenty wagers before you can withdraw the bonus funds.
Customer Support at Neteller
Neteller has a pretty standard, though robust, network of customer support resources. Their website features a FAQ page, a blog filled with user resources, and the option to call or write to customer support.
Alternatives to Neteller
There are a variety of online wallet tools that work with casinos—PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc. If there is an electronic method of payment that you like to use, chances are there are casinos that are willing to accept it.
- Deposit Fee: None
- Established: 1998
- Safe and Secure
- Fast payouts
- Deposit Fee: None
- Established: 2014
- Great mobile app
- Safe and Secure
- Easy to use
- Deposit Fee: None
- Established: 2011
- Safe and Secure
- Great mobile app
Key Facts about Neteller
- Free to start using
- Available in 15 different languages
- Equipped with encryption technology to make transactions safer
- Used by a wide range of different online casinos
- Compatible with many different currencies, including crypto
- Trusted by people all over the world
- Well-established with over twenty years in business
All totalled, we here at Betkiwi give Neteller a competitive 4/5 rating. We found it to be fast, free, and easy to use. Plus, it’s also compatible with a wide range of currencies, making it easy for players all over the world to start gaming safely.
We deducted points primarily for two reasons. Perhaps the most pressing issue is the lack of transaction protection. While buyer protection features do not come up very often on online casinos—for better or for worse, you usually get what you pay for—it is a good feature for an e-wallet to have. We took another point off for the relatively low monthly withdrawal limits. While you can buy into a higher plan that does not have those limits, many alternative products are free and limitless.
Still, it’s a good product for people who want something safe, easy, and ubiquitous. After more than twenty years, Neteller has established a presence at most major online casinos. It’s a good way to enjoy safe online casino fun.
Can I transfer money from Neteller to my bank account?
Yes! You can think of Neteller as a digital version of your physical wallet. You can withdraw money from your bank account and store it on Netteler. Then, when you are done, you can return the money with a few simple clicks.
How much does it cost to withdraw money from Neteller?
Fees will range based on the bank you are working with but seem to hover between 1% and 2% for standard transactions.
How many countries use Neteller?
Neteller can be used legally in over one hundred companies making it one of the most ubiquitous electronic wallets in the world.
How long does a withdrawal take?
Withdrawals are virtually instantaneous, allowing you to access your money immediately.
Is Neteller a bank?
No. Neteller can be used with your banking information to make online transactions easier and safer.
Does it cost money to set up an account?
No. While there are multiple membership tiers, setting up an account is free.
What is the withdrawal limit?
ATM-style withdrawals are limited to NZ$1000 for entry-level accounts and NZ$3000 for the premium tier.
Why do people use Neteller instead of a credit card?
The advantage of Neteller is that it allows you to perform transactions online without divulging sensitive payment information. This allows you to avoid entering your credit or debit card information on sites with which you have yet to establish trust.
Dominic Greenholt is our New Zealand Payment Method Expert with 10+ years in the gambling industry. After earning a degree in Financial Management from the University of Canterbury, he felt drawn to the rapidly evolving gambling industry. Dominic is recognised for his in-depth knowledge and unwavering reliability, making him an invaluable asset in the ever-evolving gambling industry.More Articles From The Author