POLi is an e-wallet site that was founded in 2006. Headquartered in Australia, it allows people to safely make online transactions for modest fees by linking their electronic wallet to their bank’s information, so they do not need to risk divulging sensitive information to websites they do not trust.
Betkiwi discovered that this service is not precisely a banking method but includes features similar to a physical wallet. E-Wallets allow you to quickly make payments without inputting your credit cards or other tedious details. Regarding alternatives to traditional payment methods, the advantages include ease of use, speed, and security.
Because POLi essentially allows you to make anonymous transactions—at least in the sense that you do not need to provide your bank number—it is a popular method of paying for casino games like blackjack, roulette, pokies, club, heart, spade, diamond games, and so on. Whether you win or lose your bet, you can at least be confident that your payment option allows you to access funds safely without needing cash, a credit card, or a debit card.
There’s also some drawbacks. For one thing, using POLi as an Internet banking account will mean you have to pay fees when you withdraw. The payment service varies its fees based on different banking providers. Your payment may also depend on your deposit method or chosen account level. Still, it is a convenient way to enjoy safety features like encryption while still enjoying deposit bonuses or a welcome bonus from the POLi payment casinos of your choice.
While there are not any POLi casinos that only accept this as a payment method, it remains a popular payment casino option that can enhance your gaming experience at a wide range of gambling sites. While the POLi casino experience might be available in some countries, you should be able to find a place that accepts this banking option easily.
Below, we highlight a few places to enjoy the convenience of making a POLi bank transfer.
How POLi works
The process of setting up a POLi account to be used with your online casino website is straightforward. It starts with opening an account with POLi. You will need to hook up your debit card or banking information to the service to start making transfers onto the e-wallet platform.
Once you have linked your banking page to POLi and established your account—available on both desktop and mobile—you start looking for a casino operator that accepts this method as one of its banking options. These are usually relatively easy to find. You can use POLi to make your casino deposit and start taking advantage of all the website’s offers. POLi should allow you to choose your preferred deposit amount while leaving you eligible for casino bonuses and promotions like any other payment method.
While most experts and casino players, and that includes us here at Betkiwi, agree that POLi is a safe and convenient way to make bank transfers, enjoy casino deposit perks, and start collecting your jackpot payouts, that is not to say that it is without issues. Below, we look at what POLi does right and what it could be better at.
- Ease of use. POLi is noted by users for being very easy to use. One of the reasons people like it is that they can stake wagers and make deposits with the click of a few buttons once they get their account set up.
- Secure. POLi's primary advantage is that it keeps your information safe as you play through encryption. This allows you to choose a casino site anywhere in the world without worrying about your personal data.
- No hidden costs. To be clear, POLi does have fees, usually in the form of withdrawal or deposit fees involving transactions with your bank. Gamblers will experience nothing besides the fees already listed on the site.
- Sweeping availability. POLi has been around for so long, it is well-established among a wide selection of casino operators.
- Multiple devices. You are able to use and review POLi transactions on a range of devices. There is a desktop version of the tool and a mobile app that improves user-friendliness.
- Fees. Like all payment systems, you will encounter a fee structure with the POLipay software. These fees will typically be extracted when you try to make withdrawals from your bank accounts.
- Customer support. Some users report having a difficult time receiving a solution to their questions when they contact customer support. Of course, everyone is different in how they perceive business interactions, and this isn't to say that every encounter with customer service will be disappointing.
- Device issues. Some people report that accessing their internet bank account details can be difficult when they are using certain devices, such as a tablet or Android. While this issue is not universally experienced, it is something about the company to keep in mind as you choose an e-wallet provider.
- Can't make withdrawals in online casinos.
Are POLi Casinos Safe?
While it should be understood that all forms of online casinos are supposed to be safe, your chances of enjoying a risk-free experience do indeed step up considerably when you use a virtual wallet. Your odds of becoming a fraud victim decrease significantly because your bets are filtered through third parties, which limits the risk you take considerably.
When you are using money on the internet, it is also a good idea to layer your security, taking additional steps to improve safety further. Customers receive value from the apps in the form of peace of mind. It is the odd service that charges their rate to take something away—in this case, risk—rather than provide something new.
That said, small amounts of risk can persist even when you fund your gambling order through an e-wallet. There are lots of threats out there, all designed to separate you from your money. If consumers want to stay safe, they need to take sensible precautions, whether they are aiming for jackpots on iOS or desktop units. While your e-wallet will keep you safe during the payment and registration process, mistakes in other aspects of your online life—the sites you use, the emails you open, etc.—can still jeopardise your e-wallet’s safety.
Be sure to make your online gambling decisions sensibly. Read player reviews, make sure your provider has a licence, and never settle for less than the best. The casino you choose must be able to meet all of your criteria to ensure that they can provide a safe experience.
We believe it is essential to remember that there is no such thing as a “POLi” casino, but rather many casinos accept POLi as a payment method. That said, you should keep plenty of things in mind when choosing an online casino. These criteria include:
- Player incentives. We talk a lot about player incentives because they are the best way to start quickly with your playing. Casinos are usually most eager to front-load their player bonuses and VIP offerings for new players to get people to start making bets quickly. Of course, there is always an angle. Usually, their objective is to get you to deposit more money than you otherwise would have. For example, a bonus credit bundle might be available to players who deposit a specific amount. Some casinos have more long-term benefits that reward players for continuing to come back. These are especially favourable for people who take their gambling hobby a little bit more seriously.
Regardless of your route, it is a good idea to be mindful of what opportunities are available to you. Make sure you pay close attention to their terms and conditions. This isn’t exactly free money the casino is handing out. Usually, they require players to make a specific number of wagers before they can get their money out. It is still a good deal, but you should know what you are getting yourself into.
- Player reviews. Finding out what other players have to say about a casino is a good way to get a feel for it without actually going through the sign-up process yourself. There are, of course, lots of review sites, and these can be a good alternative if you do not know many people who use online casinos. However, there are insights that only people who play on a site a lot will be able to provide.
- Credentials. Credentials are the hoops an online casino must jump through to get started. Gambling is a heavily regulated industry with very strict rules in place to ensure that games are fair and that you will experience approximately the same odds of hitting a win regardless of where you go.
However, the internet is a free-for-all. It is not difficult for a bad actor to get up to shenanigans online and never submit themselves to regulation or evaluation. They will probably get caught eventually, but that will not do you much good if you fall victim to their scheme in the meantime. Check to see what sort of certification the casino you are interested in has. They are not worth dealing with if they are not willing to show you their credentials.
- Customer service. Good customer service is the sort of thing you always want to have and never need. Granted, online gambling is usually a pretty straightforward transaction—either you win, or you do not. However, every now and then, issues will pop up. When they do, you want to make sure that the place you are doing business with has all its ducks in a row.
- Game variety. You also want to find a place that has a good spread of games. While the fundamental aspects of the games will pretty much remain the same from casino to casino, you will find subtle variations in theme that can account for a great playing experience over time.
And, of course, you should always feel free to play the field. Remember that you are not married to any single online casino. Diversifying your play can help you collect more player incentive bonuses, giving you a good reason to try games at various sites.
How to Use POLi in Online Casinos
The nice thing about most electronic wallets is that the hardest part comes with the setup. To start using POLi for your online casino transactions, you simply need to find a website that accepts it as a payment method. Getting yourself set up should not take more than a few clicks from there.
If you do not see POLi as a payment option, it usually means that the website does not accept it. While this can be a bummer, you should not worry too much. Many websites out there will be more than happy to let you use POLi.
We have talked a little bit about bonuses throughout this article. It is important to understand that they are not usually specific to your payment method. That can change in certain situations if the casino and the provider partner up for a promotion.
However, usually, you will be looking for promotions that the casino itself provides. We have already highlighted a large number of different types of bonuses, but do scout around to find ones that you find appealing. Most websites will offer a combination of bonuses for new and returning players. Look for incentives that favour your style of play, but remember to be sensible.
The casino offers this promotion for the same reason any other business creates discounts or deals: They want you to spend more money. Always gamble responsibly, and incorporate breaks into your play time to avoid making impulsive decisions.
Customer Support at POLi
POLi offers a standard customer service suite. You can contact them via email, phone, or instant chat. Their live customer service representatives are available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and operate in Australian Eastern Standard Time, which might make it difficult for international customers to get hold of them. For reference, there is as much as a fifteen-hour time difference between Melbourne and the United States.
Customers vary in how they report their experiences with the POLi customer service division. Some people are very pleased with their attentiveness, while others bemoan how difficult the service can be to get a hold of.
Alternatives to POLi
If you aren’t thrilled with what you have read about POLi to this point, you should be able to find an alternative easily. Most digital wallets perform in much the same way, with differences primarily lying in fee structure and accessibility features.
For example, you can find similar luck with PayPal, Apple Pay, and many other digital payment tools.
- Deposit Fee: None
- Established: 1998
- Safe and Secure
- Fast payouts
- Deposit Fee: None
- Established: 2014
- Great mobile app
- Safe and Secure
- Easy to use
- Deposit Fee: None
- Established: 2011
- Safe and Secure
- Great mobile app
POLi Key Facts
- Based in Australia
- Well-established with more than twenty years in business
- Transparent in its fee structure
- Compatible with dozens of online casinos
- Available all over the world
- Functional with a variety of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Nearly instantaneous in its transfers
- Equipped with reliable customer service
We award POLi a four-out-of-five rating. Its long history and reputation are enough reason to give them the benefit of the doubt. The electronic wallet industry is full of competition, and products simply do not last that long without doing certain things right.
At POLi, those things are numerous. It is easy to use. It can be accessed from almost anywhere in the world. It is fast, hidden-fee-free, and generally appreciated by its wide base of users. And of course, it is also great to keep your private information private. That is the primary function of any electronic wallet, which POLi accomplishes with ease.
We have subtracted one point for the relative inaccessibility of the customer service department. You cannot exactly hold it against a company that is based in Australia. However, the island nation has a time zone that does not coordinate very well with large swaths of the planet, making it difficult for most users to contact this international company during business hours. Overall, it is a reliable product with which most people will experience good results.
Does POLi use data encryption?
Yes! POLi Payments uses data encryption as its primary line of defence between hackers and your private information.
Is POLi free?
POLi does not cost any money to get started. You will need to pay transaction fees to withdraw and deposit funds.
Is POLi the same as a bank account?
No. POLi cannot be used to collect interest or acquire loans. It is very specifically used for holding cash and making payments in much the same way as a normal wallet.
Can I use POLi on my phone?
POLi is not available on all mobile devices but does feature accessibility with many of the major providers.
Dominic Greenholt is our New Zealand Payment Method Expert with 10+ years in the gambling industry. After earning a degree in Financial Management from the University of Canterbury, he felt drawn to the rapidly evolving gambling industry. Dominic is recognised for his in-depth knowledge and unwavering reliability, making him an invaluable asset in the ever-evolving gambling industry.More Articles From The Author